Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Project

What does it mean to "keep in touch"? I've been blessed to have met hundreds of wonderful people in my lifetime. With almost all we've pledge to keep in touch. I'm fortunate that in this age of the internet I've used that tool to actually do so with many of them. That, plus my annual trips (like to the Gathering) also serve the purpose.

Still, there are even more good friends that I've allowed to simply fade out of my life. Recently, I've discovered that many of my high school classmates are beginning to create Facebook accounts. This tells me that Facebook is probably no longer the hip young cool place to be. But, that aside, it also is an opportunity to re-connect with many folks I'd lost track of and would almost certainly not have sat down and penned a traditional letter.

So, my new project is to go through all my 'friends' on Facebook and actually initiate a correspondence with each of them. We'll see how far it goes before it becomes completely overwhelming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home